No bake Chocolate pie
YuM!: A soft chocolaty taste, creamy pumpkin texture, flavoured with sweet, sour goji berries! I have been experimenting finding lighter versions of the typical raw cake, which my belly sometimes has a hard time digesting because of the high fat content in nuts. This cake is great to serve for dessert as it’s a light chocolate dessert and a bigger part of the usual cashew cream filling has been replaced by pumpkin and quinoa.
Despite having many ingredients, It's not a complicated cake to make, it only took me 30 minutes. The great thing about vegan cakes is that they are quick to make. Just prepare the water for cashews and dates in two bowls and while cooking the pumpkin and quinoa, you can prepare the remaining ingredients for the crust and filling in separate bowls and it is almost done!
1 cup cashew nuts (soaked in water for minimum two hours)
10 dates (soaked in hot water for ten minutes)
3 tablespoons almond butter (or finely grinded almonds with 1 tablespoon coconut oil)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
4 tablespoons cacao powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener
1 cup dates (soaked in hot water for ten minutes)
1 cup cashews (soaked in water for minimum two hours)
3 cups pumpkin purè (you can boil pumpkin and mash into purè)
1 cup quinoa
seeds of one vanilla pod
a pinch of salt
1 cup goji berries
1 plate dark (70%) chocolate melted
1 handful gojiberries
- Soak dates and cashew nuts separately
- Boil quinoa and pumpkin purè seperately
- Make the crust by mixing all the ingredients together in a food processor, press in out onto a spring pan using the back of a spoon (I used a medium sized pan).
- Make the crust by blending together all the ingredients except the goji berries in a food processor. Add the goji berries using a spatula to mix.
- Transfer the cream into the spring pan and place the cake into the freezer for about 3 hours.
- Just before serving the cake you can prepare the chocolate topping by placing chocolate in a water bath to melt.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, then with a spoon decorate with melted chocolate. Sprinkle goji berries on top.
- Enjoy immediately!
If you want a richer cake, you may double the Cream filling ingredients.
You may add more cacao powder if you'd like a denser chocolate taste