Vegan Raspberry "Cheese Cake"
I am back in Norway and spring is here! Norway is incredible during spring. Nature wakes up after months of hibernation, birds are singing, days are endless and the air is clean and crisp.
Yesterday while I was out cycling, I passed a beautiful flowering Cherry tree with pink flowers, which inspired me to make Raspberry "Cheese Cake".
This cake has a lovely combination of vanilla and mango, topped with a fresh raspberry topping.
1 cup almond meal
1 cup oats processed until a fine meal
3 tablespoons desiccated coconut flakes
7 pitted dates soaked in water for 10 minutes
1/2 cup coconut oil
A pinch of salt
A small pinch of fresh or powdered vanilla
1) Add coconut oil and dates into a blender and mix until smooth.
2) Add all dry ingredients and blend until a sticky dough. . If it's too dry to form a dough, you can add a few tablespoons of water.
3) Cover the bottom of a springform pan with baking paper and grease the sides with coconut oil. Press the dough evenly into the pan until the bottom is covered.
Cashew Cheese filling
3 cups cashew nuts soaked at least for two hours
1 ripen sweet mango
3 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons coconut oil
1-2 tablespoons liquid sweetener of your choice
1/5 teaspoon fresh or powdered vanilla
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth, then pour on top of the crust.
3 cups raspberries
2 tablespoons sweetener
1) Place the berries and sweetener into a blender and mix together and pour on top of the cashew cream.
2) Place the cake into the freezer for at least 4 hours. Before serving the cake, keep it outside the freezer for about 30-45 minutes (depending on how long it's been in the freezer), before serving.