Cheesy Kale Chips
Green, nutritious and delicious!
Last weekend I went to my parent’s holiday house on the countryside. My dad has made a vegetable garden and surprisingly, as the snow melted, these super-Kales was still blooming and ready to eat.
Green Cabbage, also called Kale is bursting with nutrition and can be used in many creative ways. One popular version for vegans are Kale chips, baked with cashew cheese, which gives a lot of flavour.
1 Big bunch of Kale leafs, cleaned and dried thoroughly
1/2 cup cashew nuts
1 glove of garlic
3 tablespoons Nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of one lemon
Salt & Pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients, except Kale in a blender until creamy.
- Prepare the Kale by removing ribs and breaking the leafs into two pieces.
- Place the Kale into a big bowl and add the cheese dressing, use your hands to spread the dressing and make sure the leafs are covered.
- Spread the leafs onto a big baking sheet, making sure they do not cover each other.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius. Allow to cool down before to serve, to get a crispy texture.