Raw Tropical Lemon cake with Mango frosting
It's summer and what better time to share delicious, fresh and light desserts. This cake is quick and easy to make and has very little sweetener. The pineapple and mango gives a delicious, sweet freshness.
The texture of the cake is rather soft and I recommend to use coconut cream instead of coconut milk for the topping. You may add some cashew nuts if you'd like a more solid topping. I loved the consistency the way it is and it keeps the lightness of the dessert.
I recommend soaking the seeds/nuts/buckwheat over night. If you decide last minute to make the cake, replace buckwheat with sunflower seeds (they don't have to be soaked, but it definitely helps the digestive process when they have been soaked beforehand)
1 ripe pineapple (peeled and cut into cubes)
100 g dates (soaked in hot water for about 15-20 min)
150 gram Buckwheat hulled (soaked in water for about 8 hours)
100 gram Sunflower seeds (soaked for 4-8 hours)
100 gram coconut flakes
2 carrots shredded
a touch of salt
1) Mix dates, salt and pineapple in a blender. Gradually add buckwheat and sunflower seeds. When you have a fine and creamy mixture, transfer to a bowl and add coconut flakes and shredded carrots and mix with your hands
2) Place the dough in a round cake-form, covered with baking paper and press the dough flat
The juice of two lemons
150 gram cashew nuts (soaked 4-8 hours)
1 ripe mango cut into cubes
4 tablespoons liquid sweetener (I used Agavesirup, which you need only 2 tablespoons of)
4 tablespoons coconut cream
a pinch of turmeric (for colour)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla seeds
1) Mix the ingredients together in a mixer until fluffy and creamy, then pour over the crust
2) Place the cake in the freezer for at least two hours. You may bake this cake a some days in advance and if you do, make sure to keep it outside to de-freeze for about 1 hour or more, until it's soft. You may keep it in the fridge for some hours. It will then have a pretty soft consistency.
3) Decorate with coconut flakes and yellow fruits.